Friday, June 06, 2008

Transient Travel?


I'm not one to be impulsive, but I woke up one day and decided to go back to Lebanon, sure it's just a visit, but in my situation it's a big decision. So in late June, I'll be home, and for the first time it will be with my family.

I am anxious to introduce my two American born, English speaking sons to Lebanon. It is bound to be a memorable experience. I hope they find it as enlightening as I had my first trip.

Now, does anyone know where to take a couple of kids in Lebanon? What's safe and what's exciting and what's uniquely Lebanon?

3 comments:

poshlemon said...

So you're gonna join IBJ too :)

I just found out you're a dad. That's cool. Places to take them? The regular family outings, theme parks, the beach. You'll find a million things to show them while you're there.

When was the last time you visited Lebanon?

p.s. I feel this summer will make up for the last few. Hope it really does.

transient said...

Hey posh, yes I'm a dad, greatest thing ever. That's what keeps us going these days. Anyway, yes I'm going about a week after IBJ and we plan to take our boys hiking at the nearest hillside with a river while there. Other that that I'm not sure what Lebanon has to offer, my last trip was for my brother's funeral and I came back a few days before the war. So, I'm sure things have changed.

poshlemon said...

I am sorry to hear about your brother. I hope this visit will be different... in a positive way.

What you and IBJ are going to do seems like fun. I am in love with hiking, nature, woods, forests, rivers, etc...

Have fun!!! Lebanon is beautiful.