Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Fellow Americans...



Election results have hypnotized the masses into a state of political conviction and trust.
Results like these continue to propell the ubiquitous belief that the system works and is self repairing. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is a trick. While we are lulled to slumber the agenda of this nation and consequently the world retains it's destructive thrust. The ground work has been laid with uncivil laws and policy so much so to the point of being able to release an insignificant hold on congress and senate. Change is ever-present yet, progressive, positive productive change is something that eludes us and will continue to do so as long as we believe the system works. Vote all you want, that's what keeps us drunk with trust. We've ran this cycle before. It is not the voting that makes you American it is the belief that you have inalienable rights, it is the belief that you are allowed to voice grievance and demand accountability from those who represent you that misrepresent you. I've voted every opportunity, but I did so more for the spirit than the result. My true vote comes when I speak out. And now I say, "I'm fed up" I don't want to choose the lesser of two evils as my co-workers continue to do. I don't want Republican or Democrat. I don't want liberal or conservative. I don't want labels or directions or parties. I want people, human beings. People who concider the person half-way around the world as much as their own child. People who care more about their grandchild's next breathe more than their next dollar. People who are care more about peace than profit. People care more about being part of the human race than being right all the time. This system does not allow for that and voting Joe Democrat into office does not fix it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ibn Bint Jbeil said...

bro! did you vote? bro, did you vote for 3abbees ghasheeem? bro, why didn't you voet, braaaosoaoao!!