Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"Now is the winter of our discontent."


Every time I visit Lebanon I stay in Tyr. Tyr is a pretty crowded and historic sea-side town http://www.tyremunicipality.com/ . About a hundred yards from my parents apartment is the neighborhood mosque, a quaint little mosque built as part of a neighborhood complex complete with a school a couple of apartments and a couple of shops. This morning it was bombed. The mosque has been leveled. I don't know how many casualties there were. I'm still trying to find info on the net. My parents live a hundred yards away. I haven't heard from them as of this morning. One day I will make another visit to Lebanon, I'm afraid there may be nothing left for me to see, no mosques, no schools or playgrounds, no memories, no friends or family to visit only mourn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's excatly how I feel about visiting Lebanon again..it's a huge feeling of loss..the loss of people, community, architecture, joy, memories...